WSO2's open source API management platform for creating, managing, consuming and monitoring APIs, now has the ability to track API usage through Google Analytics.
Since APIs are deployed using HTTP, the same transport we are using for websites, it makes sense that we should be able to see statistics for both our websites and APIs, side-by-side using Google Analytics.
After creating a new profile for your API in Google Analytics you can put the tracking code into your WSO2 API Management interface and begin seeing real-time or standard (24 hour) reporting on API traffic in the Google Analytics interface.
Since Google Analytics has an API and widgets, you will be able to use this data easily in other reports or system integrations that may need access to your API usage data.
It is great to see innovation around API analytics and reporting, beyond the standard dashboards we've seen from most providers. I'd like to see more stories and scripts to help automate API reporting using Google Analytics, StatsD and Graphite or platforms like Mixpanel.
Disclosure: WSO2 is an API Evangelist platform partner
|Analytics, API Evangelist, Google Analytics, Reporting, WSO2|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates