In 2012 the number of APIs has grown significantly. We are transitioning from “there aren’t enough APIs” to “how do we more intelligently use many APIs”. As I track on this and the future of web APIs, I’m noticing growth in the number of API aggregators like Singly.
A couple of weeks ago I was introduced Adigami, a "Singly for Analytics". While Singly focuses on personal data API aggregation, Adigami is focused on aggregating the top analytic platforms used in business today--covering seven key channels:
- Web - Google Analytics
- Search - Google AdWords, Microsoft Bing
- Display - DoubleClick, Yahoo! APT, Facebook Ads, MediaMind
- Social - Facebook Insights, Twitter
- Mobile - Yahoo! Mobile, Verve Wireless
- Email - MailChimp, SendGrid, ConstantContact, ExactTarget
- Custom - Adigami can import proprietary data.
Operating your business on the Internet or "in the cloud" is a reality, and as we operate more and more in this cloud, each platform will have its own set of analytics--making the need to centralize and standardize analytics across channels and platforms more and more critical.
Adigami is just the tip of the iceberg. I predict we’ll see API aggregators emerge from top industries like government, healthcare and education. In 2013 we will learn to more fluently communicate with web APIs with the help of API aggregators like Singly and Adigami.
|Adigami, Aggregator, Analytics, Singly|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space