Developers do not always rely on the forum or support of a single API. They have long established their own communities for support across many public APIs, programming languages and platforms. The leading open forum for this developer activity is Stack Exchange.
Stack Exchange provides a community for developers of all types to share knowledge and answer questions encountered during development of any type. API owners need to actively monitor and participate in conversations on Stack Exchange and not expect developers to always engage on their own local API forum.
Some API ecosystems like Foursquare and Facebook have even migrated their entire forum to a dedicated Stack Exchange forum, in recognition of the value developers put into the Stack Exchange.
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space