A RESTful API server framework that is written in PHP that aids your mobile / web / desktop applications. A framework, but with a difference – Restler is all here to bend and mend to your needs.
Writing Server made easy and light. With the light weight, Restler makes writing a server as easy as writing it with just 3 PHP files.
Restler’s advantage is the simplicity. You can create a PHP class with some functions to expose. If you know how to write object oriented PHP, then you already know how to use Restler. It’s action speaks for its effectiveness.
Restler is all about being light and easy. All public methods are automatically mapped to a URL Tailor-made Restler is known for the customization options. You just need to write class and add methods in PHP. It is just there!.
Restler makes it effective and facilitates your customizing needs. It goes ahead to leverage your designing creativities. A plugin architecture is used:
- for supporting different formats like json, xml, yaml, amf, plist is used, which also means that you can add your own formats easily
- for supporting different authentication schemes and you can add your own auth plugin
While designing your application, RESTful server makes use of the Web’s well known architecture to your benefit.
You just need to simply declare the function as protected and add an authentication class Most of all, an obvious benefit with Restler is, it is free and open sourced.
Tags: API Deployment, Framework, PHP
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space