Dear API Strategy Attendee,
As you know we've been tracking the weather events affecting New York. Up until now we've been hoping to run the event much as planned and working around the logistics issues that have come up.
We were hoping for better news this morning but the situation in New York is still very serious with extensive storm damage, mass-transit and airports with uncertain reopening times and in some areas there are still emergency rescue situations on-going. There has already been significant travel disruption and it looks set to get worse (none of the event team has yet been been able to get to New York and a number of speakers are already unable to fly).
As a result we've had to take the tough decision to postpone the event and not run it this week. It's very dissapointing for everybody we realize (not least the team) and we'd wanted to fight through and make everything work but as of this time:
- We don't think we'd be able to run much of the program and hence the event would
not reach the great potential it had.
- There are safety concerns and for people traveling very possible serious travel chaos.
Lastly, people on the ground in the city likely have other things to focus on than the event - staying safe and securing everything.
So if you were planning to travel, please do not - the event won't take place unfortunately. However, this is a postponement and the event will definitely take place - we're committed to making it happen and making it happen in New York. We will get back to you with new dates and consultation in the next few days.
We will certainly work with speakers and sponsors to make sure the program is just as good and likely even better + we'll aim to do it as proximately as possible given people's logistics.
All tickets will remain valid for the new event when it runs, however if dates do not fit for you we will reimburse you. We'll keep you posted on that news.
Our apologies from the team that we've had to take this decision but we really see no other option. We'll be back with news as soon as we can on a new date / time / venue and in the meantime we hope everybody stays safe.
We thank everybody for the awesome support and advice -
Kin, Steve and Vanessa
|API Evangelist, API Strategy, Cancellation|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates