I spent two hours with a handful of the Presidential Innovation Fellows in Washington DC yesterday. They were some super savvy folks from a wide variety of agencies and backgrounds including education, energy and health.
During my two hours with them I walked through several areas of the API industry, from my perspective, including:
- History of APIs
- API Planning & Design
- API Development
- Business of APIs
- API Service Providers
- API Tools, Services, Platforms
- Politics of APIs
- API Evangelism
- What’s Next for APIs
You can access my innovation fellows presentation off API Evangelist, I’ll leave it up permanently. It’s minus all my commentary and banter, but hopefully it will give you an idea of what I covered. If you’d like a custom presentation on it, let me know and I’ll see if I can find a slot to do a Google Hangout.
I had a blast talking to the Presidential Fellows, and I hope that I left them with some value that will help them be successful in their various initiatives. They are already halfway through their sprint, and have a lot of expectations put on them.
I will be following their progress closely and publish any stories I can on their progress.
|API Evangelist, White House|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates