I'm happy to be a media partner for the SOA Cloud 2012 Service Technology Symposium, the largest international conference dedicated to the exploration of SOA, cloud computing and modern service technologies.
SOA Cloud 2012 is happening September 24,25, 2012 in London, UK at the Imperial College London. The first day kicks off with:
- The Era of Intelligent Service Technology - Thomas Erl's well-known, visionary tour of relationships between and combinations of service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, and semantic Web technologies.
- New Paradigms for Application Architecture: From Applications to IT Services Speaker by Anne Thomas Manes of Gartner about the convergence of mobile, social, cloud, and information forcing demand that we adopt new paradigms for application architecture and delivery
The first day keynotes have not one space agency talking APIs, but two. With Vicente Navarro of the European Space Agency, and Hook Hua of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (NASA Center).
Second day keynotes are pretty impressive too, with opening keynote by Dennis Wisnosky, US Department of Defense – "Heading, Altitude & Airspeed: Service Orientation, Cloud & Semantics – All or Nothing!". Then Michael Hritz, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – "SOA, Cloud and Service Technologies at the FAA" and "The API Economy is Here: Facebook, Twitter, Netflix and Your IT Enterprise" from Corey Scobie of SOA Software looks interesting.
A couple sessions I’m watching closely are:
- The Open API Economy: What Is It and How Do I Capitalize on It? with Laura Olson of IBM
- The Rise of the Internet Service Bus with Jaime Ryan of Layer 7 Technologies
- Architecting a RESTful Cloud: The Key to Elasticity with Jason Bloomberg of ZapThink
Under the expert panels the The New World of Open APIs caught my eye, where they are discussing how the marketplace and economy that surround open APIs is rapidly growing, and has been further fueled by the acceptance of REST-based services and innovative hybrid solutions.
These are just a few of the keynotes, sessions and panel that caught my attention, I’m going to spend some time researching a couple of the speakers and companies and then I might have some more recommendations. It looks like a lot of API goodness packed into 2 days, and would make a fun trip to London this month.
|2012, Cloud, Conference, Event, September, SOA, Symposium|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates
- An Open Source Code Catalog for your API
- Multi-Tenancy with WSO2 API Manager
- Ember, Angular, Backbone, Single Page Applications and APIs
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends